- Allow more time for decisions. Slow it down if it really matters.
- Give people time to consider the question, and to weigh it up in their own minds before discussing it. This is particularly appreciated by the Introverts in life.
- Involve more people in the decision. This at least increases the odds in your favour of logic being used somewhere along the line
- Listen carefully to the arguments against the decision. Summarise what you think the arguers are saying, to make sure you have understood their thinking.
- Sleep on it. Slower thinking sometimes kicks in overnight, as you process the decision in your subconscious.